Wednesday, August 20, 2014

*Spoilers* August What's In-die? Box Macros!!

What I love about getting this box is how it pushes me into zones I wouldn't have imagined. There is only one out of this box that I probably would have bought on my own. That is a pity because now that I've swatched them I am so freaking in love with all of them!!! This definitely is a total knock out of the park for me :)  All macros are taken in the sun.

The theme this month was the maker's favorite cartoon character. Here are the inspirations for each polish:



Tomcat Tales by Lilypad Lacquer



First up is my always favorite brand- Lilypad Lacquer and her Tom & Jerry inspired polish! This is a gorgeous baby grey holo. Just like all her holos, it is absolute perfection! It has almost a slight purple lean for me which I love but is pure grey in other lights. It seems like it has some blue microshimmers in there too! 


Smurf's Up! by Peita's Polish



Peita always makes the most amazing glitter blends :) This one is a base of blue microshimmer packed with white and blue micro glitter and larger blue hexes and white squares. It layers nicely and I think I'll either put this over a dark grey or a deeper blue to bring out its personality. 


Beetle Juice by Gloss n Sparkle



I absolutely adore this glitter blend. I'm iffy with some glitters, but this one is going to become one of my favorites, I can already tell. It is a clear base packed with purple, white, and black glitter of varying shapes and micro holo glitter. It is great is one coat which is how I'll likely wear it. I used two in the swatch. 

Schmickey by Miss Ashleigh


This one was a pleasant surprise! Usually when I see Mickey I brace myself for those head glitters. However Ashleigh predicted this and took a spin on the usual idea. She made a cream crelly base with holo, red and gold micro glitter, and larger red and gold hexes. It is so creamy and lovely. Included are some black Mickey heads if you want to include these. I like that she left it up to us. It makes it super versatile and ensure that I will be using this. 


Monsters; Mashed by Hollish Polish



I had never used this brand before, but this polish makes me inclined to like it :) It is a deep magenta red jelly base packed with darker multicolored holo glitter. It definitely screams Monsters to me. It went on perfect in two coats and if you want a lighter base you could get away with one coat for sure! 


What do you think? You can purchase the What's In-die? Box each month from Peita at her BigCartel site
The September pre-order is live now! 

You can also message her to add up to two polishes from her personal line for no extra shipping costs :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment