Monday, July 14, 2014

Rumpleberry's Soiree

In the midst of swatching, I needed a palate cleanser so I decided to go for something a bit more classic and simple.

I hadn't yet used Aly's Dream Polish Rumpleberry which a lot of people rave about so I decided to give it ago. This is a slightly pink leaning lilac that has a very subtle scattered holo. It is much creamier than the typical Aly's superholo polishes. I found it a bit thick and somewhat difficult for me. It had a tendency to apply patchy which sometimes happens with pastel based polishes. I ended up using three coats to reach opacity when I felt like I should have only needed two since it is a cream based polish.

On top of it I used Rainbow Honey's The Soiree. This one like all of RH's glitters was a perfect one coater. I like that it isn't a super busy mix but has a nice range of silver and blues combined with a great metallic sparkle. It is like a bluer version of EP's To Die For!

I topped both of these off with Pretty Bitch's soon to be released Shine On topcoat and it wore well for me for the two days I had it on and stayed super shiny.

Aly's Rumpleberry topped with Rainbow Honey The Soiree in full sun

No comments:

Post a Comment