Friday, May 23, 2014

May Golden Tote

Back when I first started this blog, my content was primarily my work outfits and a little bit of nails. I was trying to grow my college kid wardrobe into a more adult and of course lawyerly wardrobe. Once school kicked in, that all regressed and I went to exclusively nails. Today though I have a bit of fashion again.

Golden Tote is not your typical clothing subscription. They have two levels of service and are very interactive. The two options are:

  • $49- You get to pick one item from their monthly choices and then they surprise you with 1-2 extra pieces in your bag. They guarantee you will get up to a $250 value.
  • $149- You get to pick two items from their choices and you get 3-5 surprise items. The tote value here is up to $600. 
They launch new bags on the first Monday of each month and they ship out within the next two weeks. While you can't return individual items if you don't like them, you can return your whole tote if not enough items are to your liking. The brand also has its own Facebook group where members can swap or buy items from other Golden Tote-ers! 

On to my picks and surprises :) These aren't fully styled since I'm still moving into my house (see the lack of baseboards :-P ), but here they are: 

LtoR: Priddy by Puella Navy Swing Dress; Naked Skies Tabbed Sleeve Dress; Carol C Chevron Dolman Top; Porridge tank; Collective Concepts Pleated Print Top; Collective Concepts Web Trimmed Tunic
My picks: 
  • Collective Concepts Pleated Print Top- I loved the Ikat print and the fact that this top is so pink it's almost neon. It will make a great summer top for casual outings or it could be dressed up for work with a pencil skirt. It has a loose fit, but the v-neck helps break it up and the slimmer sleeve structure makes it look good even though the body is looser. This is a keeper.

  • Collective Concepts Tunic: I love the look of this top so much. It is a light flowy fabric that breathes and hangs well. It is a bit sheer so you need to wear a nude bra or cami underneath. When it's not tucked in, it comes to about the bottom hem of my shorts making it wearable with tights. It is an XS but the fit is more of a S to me. It definitely has more room than I'm used to. I might take in the sides a bit to make it more comfortable for me, same goes for the sleeves. This is a keeper. 
My surprises: 
  • Puella Swing Dress- The concept of this dress is cute, but there are a few things that keep me from loving it. The sleeves fit more out toward the edge of the shoulder and I've just never loved that look on me. I also would prefer it to have a more open neck. I might take in the sleeve edge or trade this. The fabric is super soft and it has great flow! Some people have had problems with it being too short. I'm 5'4" for reference. This is a trade.
  • Naked Skies Dress- I was really weary of getting this dress because dropped waist dresses usually look terrible on me and bag at the top since I have a short torso. This one surprised me by falling at just the right place! The sleeves also can be rolled up with a tab at the elbow. This is a keeper!
  • Chevron Dolman Top- This is another I was weary of. They said it would have a fitted waist which screamed baggy top to me. However, the fitted waist is done brilliantly. Instead of being a band of smaller fabric sewn at the bottom, the shirt tapers to a smaller waist. This helps keep the Dolman shape while letting me adjust where the waist wants to fall. The fabric is super soft and drape-y making it comfortable and flattering. This is a keeper and I'm wearing it out tonight!
  • Porridge Tank- I love this so much! It is a striped fabric in the front and a teal subtle floral fabric around the rest. The back is also slightly longer and more billowy. The floral has some sheer places, but not enough to require you to wear an undershirt. This one is a bit too billowy on me and I'm considering just throwing an extra seam in to take it in. If I always wear it with shorts though, it will look fine as is. This is a keeper. 
What do you think? Will you be getting a tote soon? 
If so, consider using my referral link:  https://www.goldentote.com/points/invitation/new/from/MjQ1Mjg,/






No comments:

Post a Comment