Usually the only manicures that make it onto my blog are the ones that are successful and look all pretty and polished. For once, I figured I would show you one of those uh-ohs that just wasn't right.
Before I took this one off, I made a decision to share it with you all instead of immediately removing the botched idea. Initially, I wanted to do some quick and fun nail art instead of just a holo or a cream topped with glitter. For the base I used Bondi Limelight which is a quick one coat lime. Bondi has a lot of controversy around it, but I already owned this- so why not use it. I liked the idea of pairing it with this pretty purple I have from Wet N Wild.
I let the Bondi dry before putting some chevron decals on to add the purple on top. Well here is "things went wrong" situation 1. The purple changed colors when applied! I even put two coats to make sure the lime wasn't peeking through but it still changed to this weird purple/red/brown color. Hoping to salvage it, I still put topcoat on to see how it looked. Well, even after a few minutes of drying, the purple streaked with the top coat. Fail.
So here is the resulting mess. I included a bottle shot with the purple to show you what I thought I was getting and what I actually ended up getting!