Friday, March 7, 2014

Pretty Bitch Polish Wet Spot With Stamping!

Somehow I forgot to post this mani back when I did it! I love to do stamping but unfortunately don't get to do it very often. I'm still a newbie of sorts at it so it takes me a few goes to get things exactly how I want it. The tree on my ring finger took me about three or four tries to get a good transfer because I kept smudging it :(

The base color is Pretty Bitch Polish Wet spot which is a fabulously deep royal blue super holo that is practically opaque in just one coat. The ring finger is the original formulation of Pretty Bitch Polish Nipple Clamps which is also a one coater. Since I did this mani, it was reformulated with Spectraflair. It is still the same magenta color, but it has a more prominent linear holo to it.



I sealed both of those colors off with a quick coat of Poshe topcoat. I used topcoat before stamping since I knew I would need to wipe the stamping off a few times. This helped me preserve my base color by using acetone-free remover. On top, I stamped using Messy Mansion plates and Pretty Bitch Polish Crack Whore which is an insanely awesome pigmented white that stamps without patchiness or bald spots. The only weird thing I noticed is that CW works best when using a firm stamper rather than a squishy stamper. The pickup was much better when I switched. Sometimes certain polishes just work better with a particular type of stamper for no known reason. 

You can find Pretty Bitch Polish on Big Cartel and on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment