Monday, January 27, 2014

Lilypad Lacquer Tempting Toffee and Rusty Shine

As usual, Nicole at Lilypad Lacquer has been churning out colors like crazy! She had a huge restock at the end of December and I went a bit nuts. You will be seeing plenty of them crop up.

These two beauties today are Tempting Toffee and Rusty Shine. When I first put Tempting Toffee on, I waffled so much about whether I liked the color or not. Browns are out of my usual comfort zone, and this is a very warm rusty red-tinted brown. A few people said it immediately made them crave caramels :)

I topped my ring finger and pinky with the complementary Rusty Shine from Nicole's newest line. This line is made of super fine metallic particles. They are not glitter, but they also aren't a solid pigment. As result, you get a metallic finish without the rough texture of a glitter. I'm loving them!

Both of these applied super smoothly and offered a lot of control so there was no pooling in my cuticles or a lot of clean up needed. Rusty Shine does blend a bit with TT, but in real life it added some extra oomph to the mani overall. I used two coats of Tempting Toffee and one coat of Rusty Shine. I topped it all off with a quick coat of Poshe topcoat.






You can find Lilypad Lacquer on Nicole's Facebook page and her Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment