Monday, December 23, 2013

Nearly Nude and Burnt Sugar


I was so happy to find this oldie because it was something I was so excited to show off and I can't believe that I forgot about it! This mani combines two amazing indie makers and a bit of simple nail art for your enjoyment. 

The first color is the deep deep brown I used as a base for three of these nails. The brown is Burnt Sugar from Colors by Llarowe. This color continues to be restocked in her core collection. The current formulation though is a shade lighter. My bottle is from the early pours before she changed to a smaller square bottle and reformulated the line to be even more holo. Looking at this holo, how is it possible!?

The champagne gold holo used here is from Cirque Colors. This is also a well known indie line that has a lot of presence in the upper east. They are seen at a lot of polish expos up there, but they also have an online store of their core collections. This beauty is Never Nude. I am picky when it comes to nude holos, but this baby has just the right hint of gold to keep it from falling flat and blending in with my skin. 

To add some contrast, I used a large dotting tool to make the lines down each nail and topped it all off with a coat of HK Girl to keep the surface smooth and shiny!


Two coats of CbL Burnt Sugar and Cirque Colors Never Nude in direct sunlight


Both of these polishes applied great in two coats and wore chip free for the few days I had this on. There was no streakiness or patchiness that can accompany holos at times. They also were a good consistency and not too goopy or runny.


You can find Colors by Llarowe on the stockist website Leah Anne LaRowe runs and you can find Cirque Colors on Annie Pham's website

No comments:

Post a Comment