Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Naked Without Polish

Rescue Beauty Lounge, a high end polish maker put out a fan collection. In this collection, Ji collaborated with various fans to create their ideal shade. I picked up four of these and I have the first of those to show you today.



Naked Without Polish was created in collaboration with a fan who described her ideal color as:

“It would be a pure carnation pink base. Very basic and very creamy, no jellies (as much as I love them). I want a polish that is opaque in 2 coats. I want the pink base to be filled with a gold shimmer, for the sun to catch the gold and just make it shine! I want my polish to be soft and girlie, but still make an impact and stand out. I want it to be a color people can wear year-round, a color that cheers you up on a bad day. I’ve been dreaming of this polish ever since I can remember. I’ve been a polish lover since I was 13 and I can’t find anything that comes close to being my absolute dream polish, even though I do have several on my favorites list. This ONE polish is always in the back of my mind. Just the thought of it takes my breath away and makes me smile.”


These swatches are two coats of Naked Without Polish with both gloss and matte topcoats. It was a lot creamier than I expected and on the first coat I wasn't seeing as much gold fleck as I hoped. I thinned out the polish a hair and on the second coat, I was much happier and it applied much smoother and less thick.

This amazing thing about this formula is it wore like iron. Three days later I was begging for a chip so I could change my mani and swatch something else. On me, most polishes will chip by at the latest day two. I'm curious how long I can rock an RBL mani before it chips!


You can see just how soft  the baby pink base is in this photo! 

This is with a matte top coat and I liked how it brought out the gold flecks, but it did lose the soft shimmer in the process

2 comments: