Wednesday, October 2, 2013

NOTD: Birefringence


Hi :) A quick update on my insane schedule right now. In my Trial Advocacy class, we are preparing for our "final exam" which is a mock trial. My partner and I are prosecuting a murder case and have been insane trying to prepare our arguments and finding proper witnesses. In one week that class will be over! I'll let you know if I win the trial :) 

In the meantime, here is an absolute beauty for you to drool over. I was a little late to the bandwagon on this polish, but I'm happy I found it. I <3 NP came out with a line of Ultrachrome nail polishes. These four have insane color shifts and a great chromatic finish. The first of these I have to show you is Birefringence. On the website it is described as: 

Birefringence is a jaw droppingly beautiful polish that effortlessly stops people in their tracks. Planning on having a meaningful face-to-face conversation with a friend? Plan on an abrupt derailment as soon as he/she notices what your nails are up to. Remember though, it’s not their fault; you were warned! 

Birefringence shifts through an array of incredible blues, purples, reds, oranges, yellows, and even subtle greens!

This polish lives up to its description! I had a million pictures of this trying to catch all of the color shifts that it goes through. My nails are a little short so I had trouble catching the red/orange/yellow that hides on the far sides of the colorshift but I am a blue/purple fan so I was beyond content with this polish. This would be a perfect base for stamping and I had a plan to stamp over it. However, I could not bring myself to hide this beauty. 

A lot of people love this polish for another reason. As you can see below, when you top it with a coat of I <3 NP's My Private Rainbow Holo Top Coat, you get a multichromatic holo! This particular one is a spot on dupe for the hard to acquire Enchanted Polish's Across the Universe. I own both and want to post a direct comparison when I can get a chance! 

Below all of these pictures are in my apartment under my daylight lamps because the sun would not come out for days! 




No comments:

Post a Comment