Monday, September 23, 2013

NOTD: Sparkling Garbage meets the Forgotten Treasure

As you've probably already guessed, I love holos! I also love a good holo glitter. Orly's Sparkling Garbage is the perfect holo glitter. These green holo glitters are suspended in a green tinted sheer base which screams look at me in the sun. An awesome friend sent this polish to me after I searched for it for a while. I finally decided to do a full mani with it. To make the glitter pop, I used a mint polish base. 

At the same time, I got these amazing decals in the mail. A friend of mine has started her own shop cutting vinyl decals. I was so excited when I saw this and went on a monogram spree. My laptop, phone, and now even my nails have been monogrammed by The Forgotten Treasure

Heather is constantly coming up with new monogram designs and has the best customer service. She also offers bulk discounts and a wide color selection. I picked up nail decals in two colors, mint and white. I just love them paired together! When I decided to go with a mint base, I knew I had to add the white monograms to my accent nail.

Below is two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Jaded, one coat of Orly's Sparkling Garbage, and these fab decals by The Forgotten Treasure! I love the monograms so much, you will see how I recycle them into my mani for tomorrow's post :) Tomorrow you will also see me rotate the picture around since I applied these where they would face me forgetting that it would photograph backwards- oops! 



I have my decals, now how do I apply them? 

You can do this one of two ways, wait until the polish is dry and apply them or do it when it is slightly tacky. I chose to do it when my base was slightly tacky because I find it helps keep edges down better on my super curved nails. If you go this route, follow these steps. 

  1. Paint your nails and wait for them to get slightly tacky, not dry
     
  2. Peel the white paper off the decals
     
  3. Use a pair of tweezers to peel each letter off the clear paper and position them on the nail. You have to be fairly precise since you cannot remove it without smudging the polish. I started with the middle letter and placed the rest around it.
     
  4. Cover with two healthy coats of topcoat to seal it all in :) 

If you choose to wait until they are dry:
  1. Take the white backing off and press the whole decal down to the nail
     
  2. Carefully peel off the clear sheet leaving just the decals
     
  3. Coat with two layers of topcoat



You can find The Forgotten Treasure on Facebook and at their StoreEnvy Storefront


No comments:

Post a Comment