Tuesday, August 27, 2013

NOTD: True Blood in the Stars

6 Week Mani Challenge Week 5: Stars

I am quickly becoming obsessed with Lilypad Lacquer. Some people say that Enchanted Polish is the Holy Grail for holos, but I beg to differ. Nicole from Lilypad has provided excellent customer service whether it comes to meeting the demand of orders or in answering our little questions that we bombard her with. To date I own 6 of her beauties and I already have 9 more on the way. It is a bit difficult to get at times in the US since she does ship from Australia; however, you can find her polishes at Llarowe, or find other fan girls who are willing to split the price of shipping with you (ME!).

This baby is called True Blood and is a deep violet leaning red. This is almost opaque in one coat, but I put two to be on the safe side because I wanted this to show all of its holo-goodness! This was also my back to school mani :) I used Hits Hefesto on the accent nail and topped it with some True Blood stars and dots. As usual, it was all sealed off with a coat of HK Girl even though Lilypads are so glossy that you very well could leave it topcoatless and be content. The wear on this was fabulous and after three days I had minimal tip wear and no chipping. I must own ALL the Lilypads!!

To create the stars, get a healthy sized blob on your dotting tool and dab it on the nail. Then use the dotting tool to drag the polish out into the 5 points of the star. This made creating these stars a breeze and I will definitely be revisiting this design again.


Lilypad Lacquer True Blood - Hits Hefesto





No comments:

Post a Comment