Thursday, August 1, 2013

NOTD: Parisian Lace

6 Week Mani Challenge Week 1: City Inspired Nails

I had this manicure on in time to post it yesterday, but I got caught up in some jewelry making and by the time I remembered I needed to take a picture, it was too dark :( As result, this mani has some wear as you can see by the chip on my thumbnail from working with the jump rings and jewelry plyers. I really need to up my game and remember to take pictures of each mani right as they are done. To do that, I need to invest in an Ott Lite or some other white light source!

I found this manicure design on Pinterest and wanted to recreate it with my own spin. The pink used is Butter London Trout Pout, the white is a Heart 2 Art white I picked up, and the black is Sally Hansen Black Out. I topped it all off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and HK Girl topcoat!

To create the design I first used Trout Pout in two coats all over. I then used a striping brush dipped in white to create my stripes. Once it was all done, I used a short bristled paint brush to draw the Eiffel Tower and lace designs. This is one of the most creative mani's I've done involving free hand art and I'm so happy with how it turned out. The design was actually made up of a lot of basic shapes so even a beginner like me was able to make it look good :)







No comments:

Post a Comment