Tuesday, August 20, 2013

NOTD: Expecto Patronum

I have been re-reading my Harry Potter books lately (yes, total nerd alert!) and I just had to snag this one and a few other HP themed polishes. Dollish Polish is known for having a great formula and this one is always selling out quickly during restocks!

Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum
I painted these while laying out by the pool reading some HP so the job isn't the best, but I love the color and formula! This is two thicker coats with a coat of HK Girl on top. It went on a bit patchy on the first coat as most white polishes do, but it was perfectly opaque and smooth with a second coat. The base is a white crelly with light aqua hex and micro-glitters so the effect is pretty subtle in full sun.

Some swatches of this I've seen show a lot less glitter so I was a bit surprised to get my bottle. This might be due to a reformulation or just a weird batch. I have a second bottle on the way as a back up so I will compare the two. Either way, I am still loving this polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment