Friday, August 9, 2013

NOTD: Colors By Llarowe Runt

6 Week Mani Challenge Week 2: Stamping

I have another Colors by Llarowe for you all today! I was dearly in love with Black Gold, Texas Tea which I showed you earlier this week and here is another from the same maker.

This polish has been blowing up on Pinterest as very coveted. It sold out quickly in the CbL restock. However, it seems the formula changed slightly or the pictures were off because people were a bit disappointed with how pink it seemed versus the coral sample shots.

I was one of those people.

The formula was great though a bit sheer. I layered Julep Georgia under this to give it some lift. On my ring finger I did two layers of Georgia instead of one to see what it would do. The holo on this is very strong and it gives a nice linear rainbow even in muted light.

Now the issue.

This shade just did not agree with my skin tone. I am olive skinned with yellow undertones and this paler rosy shade just was not my thing. If it had been a bit more orange or coral I would have kept this in a heart beat. In the sunlight, none of this mattered because the holo took off, but in the shade, I just wasn't compelled to look my my nails and when I did there was just a meh rather than excitement. So, I traded it for another CbL which should arrive later this week. As a sub for this color, I also found Coral Rose by Different Dimension and I'm going to give that a shot.

Two coats of CbL Runt over Julep Georgia. The design was stamped with Wet n Wild Black Creme and Bundle Monster 208

Two coats of CbL Runt over Julep Georgia in partial sunlight. The design was stamped with Wet n Wild Black Creme and Bundle Monster 208


No comments:

Post a Comment