Wednesday, July 3, 2013

NOTD & Threads of the Day: Despicable Me Edition

Despicable Me 2 opened today and I wanted to show some excitement for it :) DMe is one of my favorite movies and I am always appalled when people say they have not seen it. I can't wait to go see the second one and see what the minions are up to!

Instead of using neon polish for this, I used some of my Julep July colors so give some swatches at the same time. Nadia went on smoothly and gave a nice opaque coverage. I used Tracy for the blue and it appears more denim in color IRL. I was only brave enough to paint two minions because it took a lot of concentration and drying time. On the rest I used the exploding design from Bundle Monster Plate BM-202 because it looked like the accidents minions are always having :) I used a sheer polish so Nadia could peek through. I used a sheer gunmetal grey metallic. I hope you like it!

Polish: Julep Nadia, Julep Tracy, Julep Cassie, Wet & Wild Black Diamonds, Pure Ice Silver Star, Heart 2 Art White Lie, Salon Perfect Black Ink

Polish: Julep Nadia, Julep Tracy, Julep Cassie, Wet & Wild Black Diamonds, Pure Ice Silver Star, Heart 2 Art White Lie, Salon Perfect Black Ink
I'm leaving on my vacation after a half day at work today so I wanted to just throw on something quick and comfy. I love this cut-out dress I got from American Eagle and tossed a sweater over the cut-outs so it would be work appropriate. The dress is borderline neon green/highlighter yellow, but it shows up very yellow most of the time. After thinking about my nails, I realized this outfit is very minion-esque and it completely Despicable Me!
Dress: American Eagle - Cardigan: Gap Outlet - Flats: Old Navy

8 comments:

  1. Love the minions and love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm "taking my niece" as an excuse to see the movie! Congrats on baby Erquitt. You'll get to see all those awesome animated movies :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute (both the outfit and nails)! You can go ahead and be appalled with me, because I have never seen that movie (gasp!) LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't hold it against you :) It is super cute for kids though. It has a soft hearted villain and adorable minions! I seriously can't get enough of the minions. If it was socially acceptable for someone my age, I would own a stuffed minion. I guess I could always claim it was a toy for the cats.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. BANANA! I can't quit watching Minion youtube videos :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Mine too! I was so happy to see them get more facetime in the movie with minion scenes including a lot of dance and sing-along scenes!

      Delete