Monday, July 15, 2013

NOTD: Shocked!

Indie polish maker Ninja Polish created a polish reminiscent of the childhood toy Floam. It was blue and green matte micro-glitter that perfectly mimicked the Floam I remember. However, at $9.00 a bottle + shipping, I didn't quite buy into the trend yet. Salon Perfect picked up on the same trend and created several dupes for this polish in their Neon Collision collection which retails for only $3.98. 




These polishes are a Walmart exclusive, though not all stores are carrying them. My store in Durham, NC has a full display of every color. Over the next week I'll show you swatches of Shocked, Kaboom, and Exploded. 

Shocked is filled with neon fuchsia and cobalt blue micro glitter. I recycled my mani from yesterday for the base coat on this polish. You can see hints of purple peeking out on all the nails except on my accent finger where you can see pink peeking through. I put two coats of this polish over top and sealed it with one thin coat of Seche.

To be a full coverage glitter, you would need to paint at least 3 to 4 coats of this. It goes on smoothly and I had to do minimal placement with the glitter. A loaded brush will give you better coverage when you paint it on with a light hand. 

 My suggestion would be to pick a complementary base and paint over it. I much preferred the look of the purple since the pink and blue glitter stood out against it and created a tri-colored mani. The pink base blended in with the pink glitter making it more of just a blue speckle finish. Some people use a few coats of topcoat to get a mirror finish, but I liked the textured finish which is more like the Floam from my childhood! 

Salon Perfect in Shocked over China Glaze Are You Jelly? and Orly Passion Fruit (accent nail)

No comments:

Post a Comment