Wednesday, July 17, 2013

NOTD: Sea Dust dupe for Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

I was attempting to find some of Urban Decay's holographic nail polish which went on clearance for $.99. Unfortunately they were sold clean out in my Charlotte store. I did find two other polishes of theirs, one of which I will swatch today.

Sea Dust is said to be a pretty close dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream. At only $4 for a bottle instead of $20 a bottle, I'll take close as a great thing! Here are picture of both polishes in the bottle:

Urban Outfitters in Sea Dust

Deborah Lippmann in Mermaid's Dream
Here are my swatches of this polish:



The images wanted to photograph more on the green side of the shift rather than the teal/blue side. The blue side is there and is beautifully paired with a silver shimmer in the sun! There is teal micro-glitter in the polish as well. I used three thin coats to get full coverage, each of which dried super fast! Other bloggers say the Lippmann has more of a texture to it, but I like the smooth finish this polish has!

The chip on my pointer finger is from the fact that I opted to use a PVA basecoat for this polish, which is likely unnecessary. I just got my PVA basecoat bottled and was eager to try it out. After two days of wear, I just have some minor chipping near the tips three nails. It is wear much better than I thought it would!

No comments:

Post a Comment