Monday, July 29, 2013

NOTD: Neon Stamping Mess

Today starts the 6 Week Mani Challenge I put together with some help from my friends in a Facebook group I'm involved in. You can find the details here.



I decided to start with a neon manicure. I picked up the Urban Decay Showboat set which had three neons I wanted to try. I paired Fishnet, Woodstock, and Showboat from the set with E.L.F. Teal Blue and Julep Daisy.  I was inspired by a tribal neon mani I saw on Pinterest and wanted to stamp a sweet design over them from my BM221 plate. I tried using Sally Hansen Black Out for the stamping polish. However, the black was not pigmented enough and it dried faster than I could stamp resulting in some patchy transfers. I was disappointed in the final product so I tried to fix it with some Enchanted Castle on a Cloud. This made it super pretty and holo-y, but still not a final product I was happy with.

This mani is rated a weak one as far as my hopes for my nail art skills, but that is what this challenge is all about- trying new things and working on my nail art skills. I'll embrace the failures and keep on pushing forward :)

Urban Decay: Showboat, Fishnet, and Woodstock with E.L.F. Teal Blue and Julep Daisy. In natural light prior to the holo top coat. EEK! Look at that smudgy patchy stamping :( 

In natural light with Castle on a Cloud




Show me your manis!! :) 


Here is where you can get the group links: 
get the InLinkz code


No comments:

Post a Comment