Saturday, July 6, 2013

NOTD: Lena Loves Sparkles

Hi all! I am back after a few days out camping with my family. The last two posts were scheduled and plain so I wanted to give you a quick mani before I crash for the night. If you are curious, my family's version of camping is not real camping. My mom can't go without a shower and power outlets so here is a picture of our set up in the NC mountains:

My parent's new Wildcat baby! Mine in the photo are the lime green mountain bike and my Subaru peeking through the background. We went to Steele Creek Park and survived the NC monsoons that were rolling through. This was after they finally dried out in some sun this morning :)




As for all things nail related:

I started out with a base of Julep's Lena. I previously tried this in my Sunshine manicure without much luck on the final product; however, I loved this color so much I wanted to give it its' own mani. This was a wonderful one coater for me which was great since I started this mani at 9:30 at night! Here is Lena on its own after one coat topped with Seche Vite. I had to use the bathroom lighting because my nail/computer room is just too dim right now. Lena has a bit of a golden shimmer to it, which shows up ever so slightly in the lighting.


Julep Lena without cleanup since it's so late at night!

I wanted to give Lena a bit of extra punch so I topped it with two coats of China Glaze Fairy Dust. This polish is full of tiny holo glitter which evaded every attempt to capture it! You can see some of the holo in the bottle and in my last two fingers on the right, but it is definitely and in person holo! Fairy Dust might become a go-to polish topper when I want to add a bit of pizazz to my manis! 



I plan on redoing this with a China Glaze Sunsational mani tomorrow, but I might push it back a day if I can't stop staring at the Fairy Dust holo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment