Friday, July 26, 2013

NOTD: Glitter-A-Peel & Paradise

Today I was really excited to show you a piCture pOlish that I finally found in stock: Paradise. Paradise has a teal jelly base with coral hex glitter and a beautiful teal/blue shift with microglitters. This has a nice shine and a mild texture when dry. I used three coats since it did have a jelly based and I loved it! This polish has so many colors in it, it looks brand new depending on your viewing angle. The downside to showing you this is that my polish is no longer on my nails. How so? Keep reading!


On the same day, I also had just gotten a a bottle of Nail Pattern Boldness's Glitter-A-Peel in the mail. GAP was designed to be worn with stubborn glitter polishes as an alternative to PVA glue bases. Once you get tired of the polish, you simply peel it off! How great! No more messy foils or acetone soaks to get your glitter bombs off. It also dries very quickly, unlike PVA bases.

I painted two coats of this on before my Paradise mani so I could test it out. The important thing with this is to seal your edges and your tips so it won't accidentally start peeling. I did this and it lasted through my shower and morning routine the first day. I forgot to reseal the tips on day two and this morning, I lost a nail's polish in the process of washing my hair. I just peeled off the rest in less than a minute and slapped on a sheer shimmer for work. This was a bit of a pain, but could have been avoided if I remembered to reseal my tips.

While I won't use this base for simple manis simply because I'm usually too lazy to reseal my tips when needed, I will wear it for my glitter bombs because I HATE HATE HATE taking glitter polishes off! This will be a lifesaver for my love of glitter and all the new indies I have coming in!

Since I lost my mani before I could photograph it (I know, shame on me for not doing that as soon as I put it on), here are my paint chips showing you how great the color is and how great Glitter-A-Peel is at taking it off in mostly one piece. The best part is, I had no damage to my nails from the peel off basecoat!

Two coats of Glitter-A-Peel and three coats of piCture pOlish Paradise

2 comments: