Sunday, July 14, 2013

NOTD: Are You Jelly?

I received China Glaze Are You Jelly? in the mail last week and wanted to give a quick review for you all. This polish is one of their jelly polishes in the Sunsational collection. I paired it with two other polishes I've recently gotten because I couldn't wait to use them for something!

Are You Jelly? is a sheer jelly polish. This means it takes many more coats to reach an opaque finish, but it was designed to be used as a fairly sheer polish. In using this, I discovered the sheer polish look isn't quite for me so I used 4 coats to get a pretty opaque finish. Each coat dried quickly and went on smoothly. The first two coats were streaky for me, but the third coat evened it all out. The color on this is wonderful! I'm guilty of loving a good rich purple polish and this one has a nice depth to it. In person they have both tones of pinky purple and blueish purple depending on how the light falls. With a coat of Seche Vite topcoat, they also shine like crazy!

Cover Girl Glosstinis in Appletini - Orly in Passion Fruit - China Glaze in Are You Jelly? 

The accent nail has two other new polishes. I painted a base of Orly Passion Fruit which is a great bright pink with orangey undertones. It seems to have a hard time drying which is something that bugged me though. I topped it with some Seche Vite after waiting for it to dry and getting frustrated. Other than that issue which can be solved with a quick dry topcoat, the color is one that can be worn easily and might find itself as a staple in my arsenal. My toes are coated in this too with some black nail art on top (I am going to spare you the toe pictures!). 

The polka dots were made with Cover Girl Glosstini in Appletini. I have been coveting these minis for a while and my mom bought me one while we were picking up some last minute things for my jewelry show. The color is a great keylime green without being too yellowy or too neon. The mini bottles are only $2.49 at Walmart and boast a super shine. Since I was using this for dots, I can't attest to much about this polish though its color payout was great for dotting. My only negative thing about it as a dotting polish is a plus as a regular polish. This polish is thick and quick drying. This means less coats will be needed and less drying time in between! I will do a full mani with this baby soon.

Photographed in natural light shade showing the gloss and bluer tones of this polish. I am seeing that I could have used some cuticle cream here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment