Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag Review

As you all know, I got my first Ipsy Glam Bag last week. Today, I'm going to review all of the products now that I've had time to use them!

My glam bag contents all laid out

What they say:
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Paraben Free
  • Ultra Sheer
  • Anti-Aging
  • Water Resistant (40 minutes)
  • No nano-sized particles
What I think:

This tint is definitely ultra sheer. The product itself was tinted; however when I applied it, I saw no tint coverage or evening of any skin tone. If a product claims tinted, I would except to see at least a bit of smoothing or pigmentation once applied. That said, it did apply and dry to a silky soft finish. I like that it has an SPF because my current moisturizer does not have it built in. I didn't experience any pore clogging with this like I do some sunscreens. I did experience some extra oiliness, but that might be a trade off for the SPF protection. The price tag is high so I probably will not be repurchasing this product, but I will use the sample on days when I'm in the sun for sure.


Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray:



What they say:

WEATHER PROOF is a high-performance humidity resistant spray that promises to leave your hairstyles intact, removing any chance of humidity attacking mis-haps.

What I think: 

The weather in North Carolina has been rainy and humid for the last month or so. We've seen over 20 consecutive days of rain. This wrecks havoc on my hair! I used this several times in the last week with favorable results. While the humidity wasn't completely stopped from ruining my hair, the amount of puffiness and curls that I would usually get were reduced significantly. I really liked using it for the baby hairs by my face since those are the first to go crazy. I'm on the fence of whether I will repurchase since I do have a chemical straightener in my hair, but I will see how it all goes. 



What they say: 

These extra-nourishing balms gently bounce onto lips, creating a plumped & pillowy pout and leaving them with luscious, long-lasting colour in a super-smooth texture.

What I think: 

The color I got is the Rose Romance color on the left. The shade was designed for those of us that like nudes. I must be more of a brown nude fan because this color was not what I wanted at all. It was a pale pinky color that I felt washed me out and was not made for my skin tone (you'll see in the picture at the end). I made it work by applying a rosy lipstain underneath so I can still wear it. The color does not last very long either. I felt like this wore off within an hour leaving me with semi-dry feeling lips. I would love to get my hands on the Coral Crush to give it a second chance, but right now the Rose Romance left me feeling deflated and unsatisfied which is a shame since this is a full size product. 



What they say: 

Since this is a sample size of three products, they don't have anything written for it. However, these were inspired by the cities listed. 

What I think: 

I am really enjoying these colors. I created an eye look, which you will see later using all three shadows. I use San Francisco all over the lid and a bit above, Malibu in the inner corner, and Hollywood on the outside. Both SF and Malibu have a great color payout and glide on easily. Hollywood has a sad color payout though. I have to rub my brush pretty vigorously in it and layer it on to get the depth shown in the pan. I have a million eye shadows, though I will look into this brand. They were long lasting and a joy to use. 



What they say: 

Our original rose-tinted stain is kiss-proof, see-through color for lips & cheeks that lasts for hours. Naturally sheer & sexy on all complexions...it’s innocent yet provocative.Originally created for an exotic dancer in the 1970s, benetint has soared to cult fave status. It's loved by celebs, makeup artists and gals around the world. It's the sexiest flush you can get from a bottle

What I think: 

I was originally super excited to get this since everyone raves about it. On my first application though, my excitement died and I was left wondering why it was so loved. I had to layer this on about three times to get the color I wanted and my fingers were terribly stained. What left me wanting to love it was that it did last all day long! Determined to make it work as a cheek stain, I searched for tips and read about trying a brush to spread it instead of my fingers. I used a little Avon Kabuki brush I had sitting around and now I'm sold! The formula is very runny so you have to work quickly before you get a rose tinted streak down your face. I put a crescent swipe on the apple and an line up my cheek bone right before I quickly buff it around with the brush. This makes the formula a one coater and I have no stained fingers! I am definitely going to be repurchasing and actually have a sample of the ChaChaTint in the mail so expect a review of it soon too! 



A quick picture I snapped of my Glam Bag look before washing it off. You can see the Rose Crayon was too pale for my lips, especially with the lighting. The eye  shadows show a nice gradient look and my cheeks are rosy pink :) 


Overall thoughts: 

This bag is definitely worth the $10 I spent on it. The benetint alone makes this bag fab. Combine that with the fact that I will use it and the BH shadows on a regular basis and I am satisfied. Here is the overall cost payout of the bag: 

Product Haul Total: $27.95
  • Coola Moisturizer: $5.04
  • Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Spray: $7.80
  • Pouty Pop Crayon: $4.17
  • BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow: $2.94
  • Benetint: $8.00

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get the benetint :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that definitely should have been an all bag item since everyone seems to have been coveting it!

      Delete