Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beauty Review: Product Haul and Angels on Bare Skin review

I went on a product shopping spree last week since most of my beauty products ran out. Here is a quick overview of my haul and some reviews. This post is text heavy and I apologize for that!
Haul Recap and reviews
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Cleansing Wipes:
    • I bought these to use after work when I go straight to my yoga class. The tea tree helps me from breaking out during the sweat session that ensues! They are also great for lazy nights when I don't want to wash my face.
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner: 
    • I have acne prone skin. Thankfully its not the terrible cystic type, but more of the small bumps that just drive you nuts and never want to clear up with an occasional buried everlasting pimple. This has helped them shrink and has minimized the size of my pores!
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask: 
    • Seeing a trend in my skin care here? I want to try to put a face mask on weekly to keep my skin in check. I've only used this once but it seemed to make my skin happy. It had a tingly feeling when it was first put on and dried to almost a transparent green sheet. My skin was super soft afterwards and felt super clean.
  • Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter: 
    • Like a good nail blogger, I got some Lemony Flutter for my acetone barraged cuticles. This goes on nice and think so only a dab is needed. I have pretty dry hands so it soaks in quickly for me though some say it is too heavy to be used other than at night.
  • I also got these samples from Lush
    • Big Solid Conditioner: I might give this a swipe though it has sulfate in it which is a no no for me
    • Big Shampoo: The scent is divine, but it had sulfate and sea salt which I can't use so I passed these two on to my mom to try
    • Dream Cream Body Lotion: This soaks in well and has minimal scent. It is an all around great moisturizer with no residue
    • Shine So Bright Split Ends Treatment: This boasts that it will seal your split ends down giving you a smoother look and moisturize them. I just got a cut recently so I don't have any splits to mend, but it did leave my ends silky soft and humidity resistant. It goes on like a balm.
    • British Nanny Moisturizer: I might buy the full size of this. I have used a moisturizer for the last few months because my makeup removal has been harsh. This is think and creamy, but does not leave my face as an oil slick after. It also has SPF 30 so I can appease those who yell at me for not putting sun

Now to the main attraction: 

I wandered around the Lush website after tossing my Lemony Flutter in my cart and stumbled upon this. I have pretty oil skin and this boasts a power to keep that in check and help keep blemishes at bay. I have been a Salicylic Acid slave when it comes to face wash and I wanted to try to wean myself off it. When I didn't use it, my face would be a nightmare and it didn't keep hormonal outbreaks in check. The ingredients in this looked pretty promising. The Kaolin is supposed to draw impurities out while the Chamomile is supposed to soothe and serve as an anti-septic. 



Verdict: 

I have been using this for roughly one week now. My skin has broken out less and the cystic spots I had have shrunken much faster than normal. It was a learning curve adapting to using this. You pinch off a pea sized amount of the crumbly play-dough like cleanser and mix it with water in your hand to form a paste. 

This paste is then your face wash. I dropped a lot at first until I learned to cup it in my left hand, add a smidgen of water and then use my right ring finger to work it into a paste. I then would quickly slap this on my face and scrub away. My face definitely felt smoother and nice after using this. It did feel a little filmy right after being rinsed off, but after a rub from my towel, this film was gone. In the winter, I might scrub a little less afterwards to leave some extra moisture on. 

This product is great even though it can be a little messy and time consuming. I use mine in the shower so I don't have to worry about the mess. If you can get your hands on a sample, I would definitely recommend giving this a try! 

2 comments:

  1. You have convinced me to try the Tea Tree Toner. I tend to get the same kind of pimples (just the tiny little bumps that never seem to go away), and I like the idea of shrinking my pores too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great Toner! I think you will really enjoy it

      Delete