Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Threads of the Day x 2 & NOTD: Julep in Etta

I typed a long post for these and when I went to post, it all evaporated into the digital abyss. I will recreate some of it, but the length just won't be the same.

Comfort has been tantamount this week as I get over being sick so here are a few simple outfits of mine.

Dress: Anne Klein - Belt: Nordstrom Rack - Shoes: Clarks Purity Wedge - Earrings: Old Navy
 I picked up this great hounds-tooth shirt dress on sale at Nordstrom Rack for a fraction of the cost. I love this place to get designer clothes on my small budget. The dress came with a skinny black belt, but I swapped it for my thicker belt to give it a better accent. The sleeves are full length, but I rolled them up since I have a preference for sleeves not being on my forearms when I'm using the computer. A relaxed bun and red lipstick finished off the look.

Shirt: Matthews Belk - Pants: Banana Republic Factory Store - Shoes: Clarks Purity Wedge
 As you can guess by my shirt, phone, and watch, I have a think for a good green! I picked up this shirt a few years ago on clearance and it has been a staple since. It has a nice Ikat like patter and some frills to dress it up. The keyhole peep breaks up the frills on top too. These pants I picked up at the BR Factory Store and I love the new fit. I used to swear by the Martin fit, but I love these new Ryan fit which has a lower rise to help with my short torso. I still need to hem them a half inch or so when I decide to break out my sewing machine.

On the same green note, I swatched Julep in Etta earlier this week. It is a nice pale green with plenty of shimmer! It is subtle enough that I would wear it to work on a regular basis. I left this plain because I was hoping my Konad stamper would be here today, but no such luck yet :( I want to add a silver overlay to this! I've also been practicing getting that perfect smooth transition from polish to cuticle. How did I do?

Polish: Julep in Etta - Shown here in full light and the silver end of the spectrum

Polish: Julep in Etta - Shown here in low light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment