Thursday, June 27, 2013

Threads of the Day: Tassel Trends

Today's picture does not do this dress justice I think. It is a black Calvin Klein sheath dress I got at Nordstrom Rack. At each shoulder it had a gold zipper from collar to side seam. The zipper is framed in while fabric and is a nice detail to the dress.

I wanted a necklace to add some character as well so I made this beauty for this dress and another gold toned dress I own. The larger beads are hand painted from Kenya, the other beads and tassels I picked up at On A String Bead Shop on Providence Road in Charlotte.  I made some matching earrings with some spare beads. I originally had larger tassels on the earrings, but they weighed a bit much so I scaled the size down a bit. A recreation will on sale at my jewelry show in Raleigh (read below for more detail on this). Tassels are a big trend right now whether they be metallic or fabric based! 

Dress: Calvin Klein from Nordstrom Rack - Necklace and Earrings: Handmade by me, A. Kisby Designs - Shoes: Naturalizer

Necklace and Earrings: Handmade by me, A. Kisby Designs 






More about the jewelry show: 


I was selected to participate in an artist showcase in Raleigh on July 10th at 8pm. The showcase will have several fantastic artists as shown on the flyer below and is always a crowd pleaser! As part of my participation, I must sell 20 attendance tickets. If you or anyone you may know lives in Raleigh, you should come check it out. There will be live music, a runway show, and cocktails. I also have a deal running for anyone who is unable to come, but would like to support my entry into the show. If you purchase a ticket (this will go to my quota allowing me entry) I will mail you a free gift in the form of jewelry. The design will be a custom piece priced around the ticket price. 


For more information or to purchase tickets/donate to support me, check out my artist page at http://www.rawartists.org/akisbydesigns. Please make sure that when you purchase your ticket you choose my name instead of general admission. This ensures the ticket goes towards my quota. 


I hope to see you there!




2 comments:

  1. I guess I need to check out Nordstrom Rack--you seem to have found lots of great stuff there! Is there one in the RDU area?
    Congrats on being selected to participate in the jewelry show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is! It is over by REI, Ulta, and Best Buy near South Point Mall. Cassandra loves to go there too to rack up on clothes for work :)

      Thanks about the show. I'm so nervous!

      Delete