Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Threads of the Day: Citron Stripes

I skipped yesterday's Threads of the Day because as my sister described me, I looked like a school teacher older than I am. I had to take my niece and nephews to work (4, 5, and newborn) so I just threw on a maxi skirt, flats, and a T with my hair in a sock bun. Today I'll make up for yesterday's lack of posts with an extra one. 

This outfit is definitely one I like because it is both comfortable and cute. The button detailing on the back of the skirt is an extra little perk :) The sleeves on the shirt do roll down to full length for versatility. I got the Calvin Klein shirt on MyHabit.com for over half off! If you like to online shop do check out MyHabit. Amazon runs the website so Amazon giftcards work as well as CitiCard rewards points. They always have amazing sales on Calvin Klein, French Connection, Eva Franco, and other fantastic designers I otherwise couldn't afford. The skirt is from TJ Maxx and the Anne Klein shoes are from a clearance sale at Belks. I do love to shop sales! 
Shirt: Calvin Klein from MyHabit - Skirt: TJ Maxx - Shoes: Anne Klein - Belt: Old Navy - Earrings: Old Navy

Shirt: Calvin Klein from MyHabit - Skirt: TJ Maxx - Shoes: Anne Klein - Belt: Old Navy - Earrings: Old Navy
When looking for a print to wear to work, make sure the print is not too loud, and has a nice soft edge to it. This print has splashes of Citron mixed with black, ecru, and a soft grey to tone it down. From a distance the pattern melds into a soft blend of colors. By pairing it with a neutral skirt and neutral accessories it is work place appropriate. You can change up the bottom, add some funky citron jewelry, or go for some loud shoes to change it up for a night out after work. This shirt is soft enough that you could get away with wearing it under a suit jacket for more relaxed proceedings (I would not recommend this for an interview with most firms though!).


I have two questions for you:

What is your favorite big name item you've picked up for a fraction of the cost? 

How do you take your workday outfits from day to night? 

2 comments: