Saturday, June 29, 2013

NOTD: Color Club Angel Kiss Holo & Stamping Win!

After my last stamping effort I was determined to get it right! I got my Color Club Angel Kiss Holo in the mail yesterday and I knew it was my next polish. This color is stunning all by itself. It has a beautiful linear holo to it and the colors range from silver to a bright aqua blue. The pictures do not do the holo in this justice, but it is very hard to capture! 

For the stamp I decided to pair it with something in its color range so once again I chose Mary Kay in Tempting Teal. This combo is nice since they share the same tonal range. Tempting Teal is almost completely opaque when stamped with just a few sparse spots. 

I decided to cave and try the Seche Vite top coat everyone raves about. I am sold. It dried almost instantly to a rock hard shiny finish. I was able to use my hands with no nicks and take a shower within 10 minutes of painting my nails with no issues! I did experience a hair of shrinkage at the sides, but it is definitely tolerable when I need to keep moving after a mani. My cuticles are still a bit polishy since I used the shower method to clean up the excess instead of using acetone and my paint brush. 

I am overall very pleased with house this turns out! I need to practice a bit on getting the stamp completely straight and from edge to edge, but this is something I'll wear for at least a few days until my 4th of July mani :) 

Mary Kay in Tempting Teal - Seche Vite quick dry top coat - Color Club in Angel Kiss
The stamping detail in full shade

You can see some of the holo popping through!  The rainbow tones show nicely in the bottle.

Full sun



6 comments:

  1. This one is awesome! You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, now that I've gotten the hang of stamping I might become obsessed! I wish I had 4th of July plates

      Delete
  2. This is my favorite! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. This polish is going to be seen in my rotation a lot

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is great! Nice job :) I also love that holo polish.
    - Olivia xo

    http://www.neverending-nailpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so worried about how it would turn out. It was my first holo polish and I'm so excited to keep using it

      Delete